A collection of write-ups from experiences of life that inspire, empower, influence & trigger positive values, habits & mindsets.
6 Most Inspiring Audre Lorde Quotes To Add To Your Strength
Quotes have the depth of oceans, vastness of skies & package of Unlimited Inspiration in them. They wire us with momentary strength at times & Lifetime Inspiration at other times. iUeMagazine is happy to compile this dose of huge motivation via quotes by carefully hand picking these POWER Quotes for you. Read & Share.
Audre Lorde was among the first to criticize the second-wave feminist movement for focusing almost exclusively on the experiences of white, heterosexual, middle-class women and to recognize the importance of acknowledging difference. Lorde was also a poet who wielded an inspirational voice that was so accessible because it was suffused with anger and passion and love. The advices she left are sure to strengthen your inner self.
1. “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.”
2. “When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak.”
3. “Your silence will not protect you.”
4. “It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.”
5. “When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
6. “Only by learning to live in harmony with your contradictions can you keep it all afloat.”
Get the Latest & Recommended articles in your Inbox
Copyrights © 2020 Inspiration Unlimited eMagazine
Any facts, figures or references stated here are made by the author & don't reflect the endorsement of iU at all times unless otherwise drafted by official staff at iU. This article was first published here on 28th April 2017.
Most Loved On iU
Travel & LifeStyle
Travel & LifeStyle
People who loved this also loved