A perfect marketing place for start-ups & inspiration for starters. We know what it takes to start-up hence we support those that do.
Quality Sleep assured with Sonno Mattress
Startups are the inspirational heros of today and here's the story of one such startup that help you sleep well. Read ON!
Can we get introduced to the Founder of Sonno?
Our Founder, Fabio Micel, is a marketer and entrepreneur with vast experience across Europe and Asia. Previously employed in Airbnb with the role of Market Expert he founded several start-ups like Gigfairy, a Malaysian music start-up acquired by Tune Studios & BAC Ventures, and Socially, a digital marketing agency. He has a bachelor's degree in business economics and a master's degree in marketing.
What is the Vision behind the idea of Sonno’s Vacuum Mattress? How did it originate?
Buying a mattress is usually a very tedious and time-consuming journey. We saw an opportunity to make this journey easier, shorter, and more convenient by converting it online.
The vision was to create a premium-affordable mattress that is easy to buy and easy to try.
The bonus of a 100-night trial gives our customers that much needed time to make such a critical, life-altering decision. An average person spends one-third of their life in bed, therefore, the traditional 5-10 minutes spent trying a mattress in a store can’t be enough to know if it’s suitable for their sleeping needs.
What have been the key challenges and bottlenecks faced in the Journey of Sonno to date?
Peaking on the challenges of growing this business, the biggest challenge would be creating the trustworthiness in the market.
Investing in a mattress costs more and involves more commitment from consumers, so for us to be able to have a reputation among our target audience, the best way to go is through the internet and word of mouth.
What are some of the key Features of Sonno Mattress? How does it help in bettering the Sleep Quality?
Sonno is designed in Italy, a worldwide trendsetter and leader in everything design. Our mattress has removable covers for easy washing, and expertly compress-packed for convenient delivery. Sonno mattresses consist of 3 premium layers which are natural latex, memory foam, and support foam for the ultimate sleeping experience.
Some of the key features are:
- Designed with Zero Disturbance technology to allow undisturbed deep sleep.
- No springs.
- Sleep cool and comfortable.
- Ideal support for any position.
- Removable cover.
- 100 nights risk-free trial period
Could you share some statistical & other achievements of Sonno?
We are proud to say that we have been recognized and been awarded as a Superbrand by Superbrands Malaysia for two years in a row (2018 – 2019), after a strict selection process by the Malaysia Superbrands Council.
Superbrands is the world's largest independent arbiter of branding. Every year, the organization rewards branding excellence, as well as to promote the discipline of branding. Superbrands, which originated in the UK in 1994, has now grown to become the world's leading by-invitation-only brand promotional platform. This Superbrand Malaysia recognition is awarded to us as a result of our great effort in branding, as well as providing high-quality products and top-class services to consumers, something that we pride ourselves in.
Could you highlight the reviews of some happy Customers and the difference Sonno Mattress has made in their life?
Here are some of the reviews we’ve received:
- By far the most comfortable mattress I’ve ever owned. It's been just over a week now using it. I'm sleeping better, falling asleep easier and no more neck stiffness in the morning. The mattress is so comfortable that you do not want to get up in the morning. I absolutely love this mattress – Leong
- I have been purchasing quite a few back pain support mattress, and even more expensive than Sonno, and yet I couldn't get quality sleep at all. And when I finally manage to try and bought Sonno, my sleep has improved tremendously. Some pain has gone, and some lessen a lot for my body, and for that, I'm thankful to Sonno. Thanks! – Muhammad Haikal Bin Abd Rahman
- Sonno makes the whole mattress shopping experience so convenient and painless for me. I wasn't too particular about the quality of mattress until I met Sonno which at affordable prices, offers very top quality mattress and pillows as well. Thanks to Sonno, an average person like me can enjoy the best sleep ever every night! :) – Wen Xian Poh
What makes Sonno Mattress- most unique compared to Mattress of other brands?
Sonno mattress is easy to buy, easy to try. Sonno enables consumers to purchase a high-quality mattress at an affordable price. It includes free shipping, delivery in a convenient box, a 100-day trial, as well as free return. Our products as also designed in Italy to ensure the highest quality.
Where do you envision the brand of Sonno to reach in the next 2-3 years?
Vision is to be the number one bed-in-a-box in SEA
Have you managed to raise any Funding? How are you funded?
We bootstrapped since day-1. Further along our journey, we received help from some of the most experienced people in e-commerce and digital marketing in the country.
Which are the current operational locations of Sonno? Are there any expansion plans on the cards?
We have offices in Malaysia and Singapore. We plan to expand to more countries in the region in the future.
What is your message for the other very Early-stage Startups & Entrepreneurship Enthusiasts?
- Startup life is a roller coaster of emotions. Don’t let the downs drag you too low and the highs overexcite you.
- Things don’t happen overnight. Be patient, work hard and focus.
- Do not give up!
For more information, visit their Website or connect with them through Email. If you are on your startup journey and need to get featured with us on iU eMagazine feel free to reach us on twitter https://twitter.com/iuemagazine or simply meet us on whatsapp - https://iuemag.com/whatsapp.php
Get the Latest & Recommended articles in your InboxUpdates from Sonno can be followed on Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube
Copyrights © 2023 Inspiration Unlimited eMagazine
Any facts, figures or references stated here are made by the author & don't reflect the endorsement of iU at all times unless otherwise drafted by official staff at iU. This article was first published here on 4th December 2020.