A collection of write-ups from experiences of life that inspire, empower, influence & trigger positive values, habits & mindsets.
5 Edith Wharton Quotes That Will Lead You To True Happiness
Quotes have the depth of oceans, vastness of skies & package of unlimited inspiration in them. They wire us with momentary strength at times & lifetime inspiration at other times. Iuemagazine is happy to compile this dose of huge motivation via quotes by carefully hand picking these power quotes for you.
Edith Wharton was strictly forbidden from reading novels until after her wedding day. At age 40, the unhappily married author published her first foray into the risque genre. It turned out to be a bestseller. Edith wasn't satisfied to spend her adult life playing wife and hostess. She found her first creative outlet in design - building her own estate, writing how-to guides on decor. She went on to make a living and a reputation for herself with her pen and incisive wit. She wrote 40 books in as many years, was the first woman to win a Pulitzer in 1921 and got Nobel-Prize nominations on more than one occasion. Here are a few of her quotes that can help you rise from any kind of situations!
1. “If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time.”
2. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.”
3. “True originality consists not in a new manner but in a new vision.”
4. “Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered through personal experience does not become a part of the moral tissue.”
5. “One can remain alive ... if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity interested in big things and happy in small ways.”
Get the Latest & Recommended articles in your Inbox
Copyrights © 2022 Inspiration Unlimited eMagazine
Any facts, figures or references stated here are made by the author & don't reflect the endorsement of iU at all times unless otherwise drafted by official staff at iU. This article was first published here on 9th May 2017.