A collection of write-ups from experiences of life that inspire, empower, influence & trigger positive values, habits & mindsets.
9 Booker T Washington Quotes To Lead You To Success
Quotes have the depth of oceans, vastness of skies & package of Unlimited Inspiration in them. They wire us with momentary strength at times & Lifetime Inspiration at other times. iUeMagazine is happy to compile this dose of huge motivation via quotes by carefully hand picking these POWER Quotes for you. Read & Share.
Booker T. Washington was arguably the most famous and influential African American of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. His life was an improbable and inspiring climb from the slave cabin where he was born to the college president’s mansion where he died. He used his own life story— detailed in the bestselling autobiography “Up from Slavery”—as a model for the qualities he saw as most necessary for blacks in post-Reconstruction America: diligence, commitment to education, physical labor, self-help and a willingness to work within the status quo. Here are some of his quotes for you to stay inspired while you also learn secrets that shall lead you to success
1. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.”
2. “Character, not circumstances, makes the man.”
3. “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.”
4. “No race can prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.”
5. “There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.”
6. “Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.”
7. “Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company.”
8. “We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness.”
9. “Success always leaves footprints.”
Get the Latest & Recommended articles in your Inbox
Copyrights © 2023 Inspiration Unlimited eMagazine
Any facts, figures or references stated here are made by the author & don't reflect the endorsement of iU at all times unless otherwise drafted by official staff at iU. This article was first published here on 22nd May 2017.